Wednesday 1 July 2015

7 women arraigned for Prostitution and Child Trafficking in Ondo State..

Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Ondo State command detained seven women on suspicion of prostitution and child trafficking.


The women were arrested at a brothel on Car Street, in Akure, Ondo state, after some church members reported a suspected commercial sex worker and trafficker, Susan John, to police for luring a girl, Faith Ekepemephia, into prostitution.


While giving testimony Faith Ekepemephia said: “A girl from my village in Akwa Ibom, who resides in Akure, Ondo State, told me that one madam she currently works with needed the service of a house help. The girl said I would be helping the madam do house chores and will be paid monthly.

I arrived Akure last Tuesday for the house help job only to be lodged in a hotel. It was later that I discovered that I have been lured into prostitution. I cried and told them that I want to go back to my village as this was not the type of work she told me about, but she threatened me.

The woman always collected the service money from me any time I meet with a man. I have made up to N6,000 and slept with more than three men since my arrival.”

After being paraded by the command, the suspects had been handed over to National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, for further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment