Saturday 20 December 2014

Abidal announces retirement playing football.


Abidal Monaco 1
Eric Abidal has announced that he is retiring from professional football with immediate effect.
The former Barcelona and Monaco defender cited “personal reasons” in a press conference on Friday.

“It’s a very important moment in my career. Today, I’ve taken the official decision to bring an end to my professional career. It’s solely due to
personal reasons,” he told reporters.

“I’ve always played at a good level. I thank the president for his support. I’m proud to have worn the Olympiakos shirt during my time here and I’ll always support them.
“I want to say thank you to the coaches I’ve had, to the medical staff who helped me, because without them I wouldn’t be here now.”

Abidal, who was playing for Olympiakos before hanging up his boots, also confirmed there was an offer from Barca to return to the Nou Camp.

“I have an offer from Barcelona,” he added. “But I will make a decision later. I first want to rest and spend time with my family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment